Sunday, April 10, 2011

School Readiness

I Know My Colours 

Try some of these activities to help your child practice reciting the colours of the rainbow. 

1. Sing the Rainbow Song

 Red and yellow and pink and green
 Purple and orange and blue
 I can sing a rainbow, 
 sing a rainbow, 
 sing a rainbow too.

 

2. Play “I Spy” with colours

You: “I spy with my little eye, something that is blue”

Child: Looks around the room and guesses what you picked.
 

3. Read books about colours

Some great ones are: Red is Best by Kathy Stinson, Mouse Paint by Ellen Stoll Walsh and Planting a Rainbow by Lois Ehlert .  


5. Everyday

Use colours in daily conversations. For example, tell your child the colour of their snack before eating it, or their clothes before they put them on.

 6. Toys

Play with colourful toys like building blocks and balls

No comments:

Post a Comment