Thursday, July 15, 2010

baby books

Yesterday I wrote about giving books to friends as baby shower gifts. Today, I would like to highlight some of my favourite quality baby books. Before I list them though, I'd like to point out some of the criteria I use when I am picking them out. Here are some things to look for when buying or borrowing books for your baby:

General
- bright colours
- stiff cardboard, “chunky” books, or fold out books (board books - these can be wiped clean after touching and tasting.)
- cloth and soft vinyl books can go in the bath or get washed
- small size for little hands

Pictures
- simple, large pictures or designs
- simple geometric shapes
- photos of other babies or reflective surfaces that your baby can see themself in
- pictures of familiar objects like balls and bottles

Text
- few words
- good rhythm
- good rhyme

Here are the books I purchased for my friends





























Are there any other recommendtions or personal favourites?

No comments:

Post a Comment